Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bed and Breakfast

A few things from a wonderful weekend... 

I am SOLD on bed and breakfasts!   Definitely the way to go!  Who wants a stale bagel and a cold cup of coffee that comes with standard hotel fare?  I'm telling you.. its nice to roll out of bed and wander down stairs... sit by the fire... stuff yourself with warm fluffy pancakes, hash, hash browns and broccoli and cheese omelets...    If you ever find yourself in the Burlington area and just want to get away from it all for a day, the black bear inn is highly recommended.

I'm also kinda sold on VT...  Granted there's not a lot to do and things are a bit too earthy crunchy sometimes but the people are SOOOO nice!  A fantastic break from Boston,  which I love dearly but would not always use the word "nice" to describe.

Getting to spend time with old friends is awesome.  I love telling old stories and catching up.  Plus, it turns out that nerf makes a chain gun.  This is definitely taking things to the next level.  Just the thought makes me giddy.   Now I have to make an even more serious effort to get back in touch with some other old friends... while the spirit of reconnecting is with me.

Also got to go skiing.  My favorite part of this is riding the chairlift to the top of the mountain and taking in the great views.  Skiing itself is pretty awesome, once I get over my yearly fear of killing myself on a random tree.  Perhaps the most interesting character of the day was the ski-rental guy.  Very friendly, very strange.  Liked to tell stories and change topics without pausing between sentences.  Also observed that all the lift operators and ski-patrol members had the exact same beard and looked like twins on first glance.  The Girl pointed out that if you spent all day every day in the cold wind on the mountain you might benefit from additional facial hair also...  Good point...

All in all..  pretty awesome!  I hope everyone enjoyed the weather and got outside before it started being inclement again!

P.S.  Totally found the hot tub that I was missing here...  One more reason to thank the Black Bear...

No comments: