Monday, March 9, 2009

Working out for the best...

Two interesting and wonderful things have happened to me today, both involving the usually rather anti-student bureaucracy that runs the school where I go to learn stuff....

First: I lost my ID about four weeks ago while climbing on the bus... Besides being annoying, since I use my ID for everything and must have it prominently displayed on my person at all times at school, its also expensive... $35 dollars to replace! So.. I bit that bullet a long time ago...

Today I learned that some good Samaritan had actually picked up my ID at the bus stop and returned it... Not only that but because they did I get my money back! THANK YOU whoever you are that found a random ID and went out of their way to return it... I wish more people enjoyed the warm feeling that comes from doing the right thing... a simple act of kindness.

Second: I called to ask a question about Financial aid today... This, as anyone who has been through it will know, is a monumental pain. However, today, the lady on the phone answered my question without even having to be asked. She just intuitively figured out what I might need and provided the information in a cheery and wonderful way! Excellent! I love it when people take pride in their work and provide the best services they can!

Yay good moods!

No comments: