Sunday, March 1, 2009

Family Friendly

I went to watch my sister play hockey today (yes, sister... girl... hockey...  unnatural) and unexpectedly ran into my brother who had also come to watch the game.  We all love and respect each other immensely but we all live busy lives and rarely manage the trip up to see each other.  When we do it's usually just two of us and rarely three of us together...

To come together in an unplanned and unexpected manner makes it all the more special.  Add to this a trip to the apartment to browse through old photos and meander through memories of the last few years and it becomes downright sappy.  But in a good way.  A way that reminds you what family is all about in the first place...  A group of people who you can rarely see but who will always be there no matter what.  Who will always love you.  A group of people who create home wherever they happen to gather.  I love my family and thank them for a brief but wonderful afternoon.

We wrapped up the evening with dinner at Erin's house, with her parents, which I always enjoy.  The food is excellent, the company is interesting and I never fail to learn something new...  I especially love that this too, feels like home.    Sometimes I feel like I take all of this too much for granted... so here it is..  A giant THANK YOU!!! to my family, new and old.  May there be many more days like this.

No comments: